Cirque Lodge, Sundance Utah is a leading addiction treatment and drug rehab center. It has been estimated that nearly ten percent of adults in America have a problem with alcohol or drugs, and that about 13 million adults are users of illicit drugs. Alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamines are the most common drugs of abuse. If you or a loved one is suffering from this disease with alcoholism or substances, call for caring treatment today at 1-877-997-3422.
How is Substance Abuse Different from Drug Addiction?
Substance abuse differs from drug addiction in that drug addiction is a compulsion and an active seeking to use a substance, regardless of any negative consequences. Addiction always involves a lack of control and a lack of ability to take personal responsibility. Constant abuse of certain drugs or alcohol can lead to addiction. A drug rehab
program can greatly reduce this type of abuse and effectively stave the addiction.
Alcohol is the most abused drug and has been called the "dirtiest" because it affects so many portions of the brain, unlike other drugs. Alcohol is typically used as a "pick me up", and interestingly is actually a depressant. Because of its "dirty" reputation, the abuse of alcohol is one requiring frequent detox.
Alcoholism has been recognized as a disease since 1956 by the American Medical Association. Similarly, the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders classifies chronic drug abuse and addition as a disease. The early detection of drug abuse, the precursor to drug addiction, should be the first step in reducing this dreaded disease.
What are Common Symptoms of Drug Addiction?
Many people ask us about some of differences between the most common symptoms of drug abuse and addiction.
Common Symptoms of Drug Addiction
- You feel that you need the drug to deal with an existing problem
- You have given up on many of your favorite hobbies or activities
- You are losing friends or are having problems with associates at work or school
- You have frequent absences at school or at work
- You find yourself doing things you haven't done in the past such as stealing or constantly borrowing money from family or friends
- You have sudden and more frequent outbursts of anger
- You have frequent bouts of depression or anxiety
- You don't spend any time with your old friends and now associate with other users
- You constantly disappear for short periods of time to use your drug of choice
- You need to use more and more of your drug of choice to achieve the same result
- You feel exhausted, suicidal and constantly depressed
Common Symptoms of Substance Abuse
How Can Cirque Lodge Help?
- You never know when you will use your drug of choice
- Your physical appearance is deteriorating
- After an argument you use your drug to relieve your feelings of discomfort
- You avoid family or friends to get high
- You have difficulty sleeping
- You start feeling like you have a problem
- You feel depressed and tired most of the time
- You keep saying to yourself that you won't use your drug of choice again
- You lie about how much you are using drugs or alcohol
Substance abuse is a major problem among adults in America, and is one of the major problems leading to divorce and crime. It can lead to drug addiction and chemical dependence. Cirque Lodge drug rehab center
provides exclusive and personalized drug rehab treatment. Treatment is available to assist families and businesses as they strive to help their loved ones and valuable employees. Treatment can become a life saving measure.
For more information about alcoholism, drug rehab, or substance abuse, please visit our Research
page. Hope is just a phone call away. Call us today at 1-877-997-3422.