Addiction Treatment and Drug Rehab
Cirque Lodge is a nationally recognized alcohol and drug rehab center located in the majestic mountains of Sundance Utah. This private and exclusive addiction treatment program provides a life changing experience, and is dedicated to treating the disease of addiction. Treatment at Cirque Lodge is based upon the 12-step modality with a number of incorporated effective treatment types like cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, and experiential therapy
programs. If you or someone you are close to is in need of addiction treatment for drugs or alcohol, call Cirque Lodge at 1-877-99-REHAB and begin your recovery program.
The Origin of the 12-Step Program
The 12-step program is the most commonly known addiction treatment method. This model for overcoming addiction has effectively helped treat the disease of addiction for over 70 years. The origin of the 12-step program stems from the development of Alcoholics Anonymous in the late 1930's. The founders of Alcoholics Anonymous, Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith had a chance encounter in Akron Ohio. Both of these gentlemen for years had been struggling with alcoholism, but had found ways to overcome through a various programs. They learned as they supported one another the missing aspect to all of those treatment types was fellowship and support, from others and a higher power.
Wilson and Smith found that incorporating in different aspects to what they used to overcome their alcoholism problems produced a more solid foundation to an addiction treatment program. They set out to help others with this new found fellowship program, knowing full well that the fellowship of these individuals would only strengthen their own recovery. The 12-step program was developed and in 1939 Alcoholics Anonymous was published to be a widespread information guideline to the 12-step program, and how to find recovery through the help of Alcoholics Anonymous. Since then this publication has been reprinted in four editions and continues to be an informational guideline to overcoming addiction and addiction treatment programs.
The 12-step model for addiction treatment and recovery has been slated as being a spiritual program. Variations of the program have made it more main stream and influential in the recovery process of most drug rehab
programs. The steps place proper guidelines in a recovery process and promises rewards for doing so. The 12-steps are:
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Support Within the Program
The strength of this modality stems from the support structure surrounding the recovery. Support in the program is such a vital aspect. Support groups help each other in overcoming addiction and maintaining sober living. Support groups begin for many in an addiction treatment program. The majority of drug rehab and addiction treatment programs provide support groups to assist in the recovery process.
Sponsor programs are equally as integral to the 12-step program. A sponsor is someone who has successfully worked the steps and found a lasting recovery. A sponsor is a mentor and a guide through working the steps of recovery. They also play the roll of support crutch in a one-on-one basis during the critical moments of recovery. When clients of the Cirque Lodge drug and alcohol rehab center
begin the process of recovery, they work with members of staff that are in recovery and also work with a temporary sponsor.
Cirque Lodge Program
Cirque Lodge takes pride in being a leading drug rehab facility. To enhance the 12-step modality we incorporate a number of leading addiction treatment therapy types to ensure a successful recovery. Treatment at Cirque Lodge is provided on a personalized care
basis. This approach provides each resident with specific treatment for the various problems developed in addiction. The personalized approach also allows our addiction treatment program to meet any specific needs of the resident in treatment.
The Cirque Lodge drug rehab center lays the foundation of the step work. Addiction, depending on severity, can take any length of time to overcome. The steps of this program can be utilized after staying at the Cirque Lodge drug rehab center with aftercare and furthering support based and family programs
. Recent studies have shown that an addiction treatment program should be the foundation and then a 12-step program like Alcoholics Anonymous after treatment
greatly improves the resolve for recovery in the individual.